Yay my long finned rams just spawned! but...

Whiskas

theres a possible problem - they are in a community tank with bristlenose. Will everyone be ok? Wat i am mainly worried about is that the bristlenoses and the rams mite have an argument overnite and the rams will come out worse off! :( my male bristlenose can be a bit of a bully at times, hence the worry!

Unfortunately i dont currently have a spare tank for them :(

Since the rams laid their eggs over a couple of stones i removed about a third of the eggs and put them in a holder thing you attach to the side of the tank with an airstone. But my previous experiences with trying to raise them myself were not succesful.

• 4 weeks later...

so the lil guy is still alive :bounce:

Also his mum and dad have spawned again - this time in their own breeding tank - so i will get the chance to see if they are good parents or not. The eggs should hatch tomorrow or sunday (i think), so fingers crossed :D

Sad news is the other female long-finned gold ram passed away - she was quite old and had popeye/eye infection. RIP Mrs Gold :cry: