my worst nightmare...

oO SKIPPY Oo

came true - there was water between my tank and my cabinet - so i moved my fishes to my new spare (thank goodness i had it) and cleaned up the water checked for leaks and cracks - thankfully nothing :bounce: - while the fish were out i took the chance to remove some sand since i thought there was too much in the tank - then put the fish back - its been a long 2 1/2 hours but im wondering if i should put anything in for the fishes to make sure they dont die on me.. any ideas or should they be fine ?

TIA

Skip

they should be fine as long as oxygen is replaced. i send fish around the country in plastic bags, it takes as long as 18 hours to get there. Keep the oxygen up & they be sweet

i wasnt running any airpumps when they were sitting in the spare tank but i run 2x 10" bubble walls in the tank i moved them from and too...

another thing - is temp differences a biggy ? i only have one heater so couldnt keep the temps the same between the 2 tanks when moving water around.

what fish are we talking about, all the ones in your sig? I have seen africans in a 13 deg tank for almost a week & all that happened was 2 out of 15 or so got white spot. oxygen is far more important than temp in the short term (24-48 hours) but both are important long term.

what fish are we talking about, all the ones in your sig? I have seen africans in a 13 deg tank for almost a week & all that happened was 2 out of 15 or so got white spot. oxygen is far more important than temp in the short term (24-48 hours) but both are important long term.

yep all the ones in my sig

out of those i have only had angels & didn't have any issues with big water changes & temp dropping to about 15.

"wild angels", you have some from their country of origin?

they could just be plain old angels - just the silver with the black stripe - i saw someone else list them on TM with that name so i used it. is there any way to tell what they are so i get the common name right ?

Hi Skippy, back to your original question - all the fish should be fine. Barbs and their relatives are generally very hardy fish so you shouldn't have any problems with them. Interestingly, cooler water holds more oxygen so they probably haven't suffered any ill effects at all.

Do keep an eye on everyone though. Stress is never good for fish (or their human helpers!) so if anyone starts to show unusual behaviour or signs of trouble, do let us know.

Hi Skippy, back to your original question - all the fish should be fine. Barbs and their relatives are generally very hardy fish so you shouldn't have any problems with them. Interestingly, cooler water holds more oxygen so they probably haven't suffered any ill effects at all.

Do keep an eye on everyone though. Stress is never good for fish (or their human helpers!) so if anyone starts to show unusual behaviour or signs of trouble, do let us know.

will do - i think i will be looking at them like this for a wee bit :o

looking at the spots I would say peruvians.

however they are supposed to have very very long fins, and are not supposed to be curly.

thus I say they are just angels. can't say what type as I can't be certain.

bugger - there i was hoping i had "special" fish - nevermind - normal angels or not i quite like them - i just wish they would hurry up and spawn again.