dwarf gouramis

steve slack

bubblenest breeders are a pian in the bum to breed, i had a crack at bettas earlier on when i started inn this hobby, obviouusly to no success! if you wanna breed them to make money, think again, some ppl might have had great success stories, but generally they are to much to bother with!

remmeber this is jst my opinion, if you are really into them then feel free to do what you like! as i say some others will deffinatly not feel the same about bubblenest breeders as i!

Shae 250

oh lol, sry

for me the following fish have made ma alot of money:

Guppy

Blue Ram

Platy

Mollies

i would think that the following would make you a fair bit also:

Discus(might be expensive to start with but you could certainly get a fair bit each for the little critters if you have good types of parents, such as blood pigeons etc)

other cichlids(such as firemouths, flags, mbuna, malawis etc which tend to have quite alot of fry)

killies (generally easy to breed, harder to raise the fry, and hard to find in the first place, i am having a crack at these soon, but you could certainly make a fair bit off them)

i no there are others i jst cant think of them right now?? brain musnt be completely switched on??

Shae 250

Thanks, i thought guppieswere everywhere and were very common so wouldn't fetch much?

I started tropicals with killies, but due to gross ignorance on all things tropical, I lost the lot. I had the idea theywere pretty tricky, but the LFS was keen to get any if I had been successful.

there been a problem latley from importers, guppys have developed an immunity to some sought of medication, and they all died? i think i got that right? well anyways the latest imports all died!

if you have a really good strain, thats running true! then you can charge $30 a trio! thats what i have done! and if a guppy gives you 40-50 fry then your in the money! my guppy's usually give me over 100 but that cause there unusualy big!

Shae 250

Its easy for me, either its sold through trademe, or ebay, could even sell them through a club, or biuld your own web site to sell them ( of which i am in the proccess of)

even take them to a pet store, thats not the hard part, the hardest part is finding a really good trio, and them breeding them true (it wont happen over night, but it will happen :wink: ) you have to be patient because it takes more attention than you relise.

Shae 250

Its different if you have a good strain, and if its a rare strain its even better, the hard part is getting it to run true.

my guppy females, generally give me between 80-100 give or take few, now if i am able to bring up 90 to adulthood, and i can sell a trio at $20-$30, then theres a fair bit of money to be made, the thing is as soon as you do that you strain becomes less rare! i know some ppl prefer not to relise there strains in such amounts, and will only sell one or two trios at a time.

Shae 250