Corydora

Nymox

is it true that they HAVE to be in schools? I hope I havnt been misinformed as I want only the best for any animals in my care, so come hell or high water Ill get 2 more today, but if it can wait till I tuesday when I get paid it would be better.

No, they don't HAVE to be in schools. They will survive on their own, but they are generally healthier, more active and live longer due to being less stressed in schools.

You could always show it a mirror, that might make it feel more secure.

Yup this has worked, he seems happy enough, doing what they do best. I feel kind of bad because asking around people say get a corydora, not some corydora, I guess I should have looked into it more. He follows my fighter around hoovering up anything he finds, very active little fish. I want him to be as happy as healthy as possible though so I will go and get 2 more on tuesday, Looks like it will be Dyson, Hoover and Nilfisk the albino corys. Thanks guys :)

• 1 month later...

i have 3 peppered cory and they do like to stick together - sometimes literally. They are quite touchy fishes, they will brush against each other and swim over the top of each other where other fish seem to keep some personal space. Wish I could tell them apart though - hard to see which are the fat ones

Hi Sophia, welcome to the forums. The difference is easier to spot if you look at the fish from above.

This is for sexing them right???

Ive been looking into this for a few days now and I really cant tell, I mean I know I have both sexes, because I got lil fry turning up everywhere. But I wouldnt mind knowing whos who.

The males are the ones that get 'T'd right? shes gathering the sperm packets?

Do the males or females carry sperm or egg packets in their anal fins? One of them has a small white blobby thing in between its anal fin, at first I thought it might be disease but its getting smaller and last night I seen one of the other corys pushing it around in the 'T' style.