Pics of my fish/tank

Fruju

Oddballfishtank001.jpg

Oddballfishtank002.jpg

Oddballfishtank003.jpg

Oddballfishtank004.jpg

Oddballfishtank008.jpg

Oddballfishtank006.jpg

Love my new del, when do you reckon I will be able to sex it? Males get the fat anal fin right, do the also get the bulge behind their skull - want that looks sweet.

Ornates are awesome, think I have a 1 male 2 females, but may be the other way around, one put on a growth spurt and is now the biggest, and is also the bully. All Bichirs around 20cm, Del is about 9-10cm.

Jeff the arowana looks a lot better than the photos suggest (unbelievably difficult getting agood pic of him), great red fins + green sheen.

I think I have 1 siamese tiger, 1 indo judging from the stripes both about 15cm, always scrapping with jeff 30cm+ :evil: - slow growers.

Will probably upgrade tank nxt year and might sell the aro and the tigers in exchange for new fish, will want to get: another del, 2 senegals (gray), BGK maybe an cheap asian arowana - wish we could get rays here :roll:

Hope you like! sorry a little blurry-cameras fault

Pics come up now woohoo! I did it, jeez why is it so complex! thanks guys, bought 2 ornates + both tigers off a ex hollywood employee - about 250-300 bucks for them all 8) yeah score! Saw a different looking tiger in hollywood albany the other day - could be american, looks badass, not many stripes but silver all overr. What are the growth rates with delhezi's that you have experienced? What is the best food for making them grow fast?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same, I want to put the del with the ornates but I am not trusting them right now because of their size, just before I had a pictus in with them and they all tried to eat it :evil: , NOT COOL. My delhezi is quite active when he isn't totally stuffed all the time, I just got a fire eel in with him and he has become quite sociable for some reason :-? , weird that he should be mates with the eel.

Tank size is 215L in the photos (aqua one 980) which I want to upgrade next year to something more substantial, I have a smaller tank with the del and a fire eel which is around 25-30L which I will need to upgrade also as they get a little bigger too. :roll:

• 3 months later...