3 foot tank

SamH

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I too bought a big pot of hairgrass and planted it bang smack in the middle of my tank. A month later I had one or two runners and a whole ot of brown blades. Split off a few bunches and they sent out runners within a week. Removed all the grass to my nano hairgrass tank and split it up into many mediumish bunches, they spreaded well.

Hoping this will be even better. :)

Spreadedededededed! :lol: :lol:

I read on many sites that trimming hairgrass encourages new growth and more runners. I just trimmed some to that height in my divided tank and it going well. I didn't trim it in tank (can't handle the mess) so I pulled it all out and trimmed it in an icecream container. The bunches were about 3-4cm long before planted but are only sticking out about 1 or 2 cm's. Hopefully we'll see some good spreadage. :wink:

Oh yeah - Hairgrass is messy when you start attacking it with the scissors!

I just got hold of mine wet, and gave it a haircut :)

Its when you separate it and it becomes rather delicate that hairs end up all in the tank, stuck to the glass in hard to reach places..

Started planting at around 3.30pm. Still got more than 2/3 of the glosso to do but I cut up the Rotala and put that in. Hairgrass in untouched so far.

Glosso is really tricky to plant and I think I'm doing it all wrong. There seems to be runners that have little leaves at set intervals. I'm getting about 3 pairs of leaves on a runner, bunching it up and pushing it into the gravel. That sound right?

Will load up some pics once done.

I would be honoured if Amano came within 10 metres of this tank, even if it was only to throw up on it. Maybe he'd hurl some Red Cherry's in too? :D

Im really hoping that the Glosso will pickup, I fear I have planted it all wrong. Just a waiting game I guess, and if it fails, more hairgrass! :lol:

Sorry about the useless photo's. It's quite hard to take whole tank shots of larger tanks. Plus those rocks may as well be mirrors, can't wait for algae growth :o Yes, I said it... :oops: