3 foot tank

SamH

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what I'm going to stock this tank with. I have two old platies who have done their dash and I think they're gunna cark it soon. Two kribs that I would like to sell, my Betta isn't happy having to sure his tank with them, he's doing a big sulk. And then there's the pair of BN's and their baby. Is it okay to have them in a tank with no driftwood? They seem to like it an awful lot.

But apart from the above :lol: , I'm pretty much free to stock any cheapish fish. I was thinking a nice big school of either Cherry Barbs or if we have them here, some micro rasboras (I wish!).

Killies!

Sorry, had to do the obligatory shameless plug!

Damnit Sam, it looks like I am going to have to dig out my three footer and set it up now after seeing yours...

I have all the gear, but will have to rearrange the whole garage to do so :evil:

Maybe we could have a competition? Who else has 3 footers? *Dejavu much?* :o :lol: :wink:

I'm not sure about Killies, haven't seen much of them. I do like the banded pearlfish though... :)

I hope I can pull this one off, it'd be nice to have a tank I can be proud of.

Ammonia was at 1ppm this morning so I brought it up to around 5ppm again. It's at about 2ppm so I'm just waiting for it to drop to 1ppm before I dose again.

Get some Rummynoses in there. I'm going to hopefully get some eventually and try breed them. The only thing that put me off was that I read that they don't get the red nose until they're 9 months old :o

Ammonia was at 1ppm this morning so I brought it up to around 5ppm again. It's at about 2ppm so I'm just waiting for it to drop to 1ppm before I dose again.

What are you using to dose ammonis?? :o

I recon a school of tetras/rasboras (30ish:D)

And a pair of BN (hide a peice of wood behind the rocks)

I've got a school of about 50 adult oscars in there at the moment. :lol:

Kidding, I'm using regular cloudy ammonia. The HomeBrand stuff from FoodTown.

Good idea about hiding the wood, the heater's already back there, shhh! It might get in the way of the plants I want to put back there.

Good idea about hiding the wood, the heater's already back there, shhh! It might get in the way of the plants I want to put back there.

:lol: If your're that worried about plants tie a anubias to it so it grows above the rocks and looks even better :D

And what was the Shhhh!!! for :wink:

I wish I had some Anubias, I forgot to ask HFF for some :oops:

The Shhh! was for the heater hiding.

Which happens to be playing up :-? . I thought Jagers were supposed to be good but set at 26 and running at 29 aint good. Lowered it to 23 to see if that helps. Not a faulty thermometer either, I have one at each end atm.

I tried pulling the liddle blue button but it seems to be stuck. How can I unstuck it? I remember I pushed it down once ages ago and it stayed at 26, just like it was set.

Does the heater need to be on for the button to come unstuck?

Thanks

Turned off power and used a letter opener to pop up the blue button. Turned the dial to 28C (tank temp.) and pushed the button back down. Adjusted the dial to 26C (desired temp.) but when I switched it back on, the pilot light went on, indicating the heater was on. :-?

Will have to wait till morning to see if it works properly.

Ammonia still sitting around 2.6ppm, hopefully down to >1ppm by morning.

Still wondering what I should stock. Have been thinking about Hatchets, Pantodon :o:o , Barbs, Rasboras and Tetras.

I'd be keen for some tetras but would it be cruel to keep them in high light situations?

Also, Endlers, anyone got them?

I've got some blue rams in my 54L so if they out grow that then they can go in here. Still haven't got rid of my Kribs so I guess they'll be going back in here with the BN's. I've always found corydoras a bit expensive but if I can get some for around $5 ea then that would be great.

Any pics Twinkles?