How to divide?

SamH

did you wash the gravel first?

You could drain and refill it a couple of times if the water seems really dirty still, when you fill it put a peice of gladwrap in the bottom to cover it and siphon it onto that. Though i guess with the plants that would be hard, maybe just siphon the water out and back in slowly a few times?

looks good, just wondering tho, how does the water flow between the 3 parts? or is it totally seperate? 3 small hang on filters? or just syphon water change every week or what ever takes your fancy. If only for 1 fighter in each part it wont need heaps of filtration.

Got fish today. 3 little fighters, 2 males and a female. I'm pretty sure they're Deltas but could I have some confirmation on that please? They're still small so have some growing to do still.

Here's the first male, he has the biggest spread, I think:

IMG_4385.jpg

IMG_4394.jpg

IMG_4393.jpg

The second male, he has a slight kink at the base of his tail but has nice colouration. Would go well with the female:

IMG_4387.jpg

IMG_4395.jpg

The female, she's more interested in the first male then the second but show interest in both of them:

IMG_4386.jpg

And them all:

IMG_4396.jpg

The whole lot of them only cost $30, $15 for the 1st male, $5 for the second and $10 for the female. Super stoked.

Hi SamH – great work! We just spent $$$ on getting a fighter tank made. :(

I have peat under the sand and I don't want to mess that up. I did clean the sand very thoroughly

Just wondering what kind of peat you're using and where you got it from? We're considering using some, but have heard that the stuff that they sell at garden centres etc may have contaminants.

A pic that was taken a little while ago:

IMG_44181.jpg

Love the irredscence? 8)

All fish have now been cleared of Whitespot, did a water change on Monday (I think) and another one today. Turned the temp down from 28 to 27. The red delta boy only flares at the lady next door but the other (above) flares more intensely at his mirror. Hoping to move the female to the 3 foot tank when I find another female (for the above fish). Anyone got any MG HM or HMPK females?

• 2 months later...