co2 refills?

A-town...

Where do people get there pressurised co2 systems refilled? Enquired a couple of places and they will only fill their "rented bottles" but I already have 3 bottles!!!! one company would do it but they would need to test the bottle first and it was $150 pass or fail!

Would prefer a place where it wont take longer than 1 day to fill and do what they need to do. any help would be appreciated cheers!

Just like LPG bottles your CO2 will have a date stamped on it, so long as this is hasn't expired they don't need to re-certify it. But it sound to me like they just didn't want your business, a cert in Wellington costs about $35 dollars and no charge if the bottle fails. They place that refills mine does CO2 fire extinguishers, maybe look for businesses that do this.

It depends on the branch, the one in Napier will do the certification and refills with food grade Co2.

I think my 2.5kg bottle cost about $30.00 to fill a couple of years back. It is just an old fire extinguisher bottle.

Places like BOC will only fill bottles that they rent to you.

Don't know about Air Liquide - we do not have a branch around here.