What gender are my two young Kribs?

SamH

I got two young Kribs the other day and now that they've settled in, I can see there colours better. I need your help to confirm what gender they are.

Im thinking that the fish in the first two pictures is a female and the fish in the last two pictures is a male.

Am I correct?

Female?:

IMG_3703.jpg

IMG_3705a.jpg

Male?:

IMG_3709.jpg

IMG_3715.jpg

Thanks

:lol: Yeah kribs chase each other even when they're a pair!

If it is male, he'll soon turn the tables and chase back. Look for more spots on the dorsal fin and much longer pointier tail and fins. Usually some spotting on the tail too.

Recent kribs don't seem to have the same amount of colour and spots as a few years ago. IMHO. :roll:

they were in a 4ft planted tank.

the male bred with her and the other females. wrigglers were always eaten by the predators in the tank.

Bummer. You never tried to breed them in their own tank? Male and OTHER females? I thought they were strictly mongamous?

Bummer. You never tried to breed them in their own tank? Male and OTHER females? I thought they were strictly mongamous?

not really what I wanted to breed.

I didn't know males were monogamous.. the females laid pretty well. maybe having only one male in the tank helped?

there definitely was only 1 good female pictured, but the male was pretty flirtatious :roll: