ideas for plants to use in a 40l tank

fishoramalama

I've done something similar here, with my AR-380. It's still a work in process, but it shows that you can actually grow stuff in small low-light/low-tech setups.

viewtopic.php?t=38006

The plants I've got in my AR-380 are (ranked in order of best growers to worst):

Ambulia

Cherry leaf

Various Crypts

Windelov Java fern

Dwarf sagittaria

Normal Java fern

Indian Fern

ohhh go for something easy at frist like camboa or something like that, i have 3 tanks one the lights not so good, the 90 lltr aqua one the lights are great in that my indian ferns are dying thou dunno why they boomed now they looking shabby they were nearly like 2 feet high,

i got this other plant i think its nick name is hen and chicken fern omg that just grows like no ones buisness

do plants die when they get to a certain height>\?

RE aaron11

It could be that Indian fern is such a rapid grower that it's exhausted it's supply of nutrients, or carbon, or both. So it starts small, with a small appetite, but as it grows so does it's almost exponential requirement for nutrients. It happened with my Java fern, it grew really quickly, then started to slowly die off just as it reached it's prime.

:) yep thats what i think happened omg it bloomed now its dying off, i got a few more growing some little ones, the plants were given to me, out of a bucket someone had peices in there should i trim them or they had it

I've heard that you can't put Caboomba and Ambulia together in the same tank, because one will out compete the other and just kill the other off. It's my opinion that Ambulia is better anyways. Oh, and avoid duckweed ;P