Which dwarf species for a 2ft tank?

BigBossPants

I have a 2 ft planted tank in which I would like to keep one species of dwarf cichlid. The ones I am interested in are: nannacara anomala, kribensis, bolivian butterfly, yellow cheek dwarf, apistogramma agassizii and Cockatoo dwarf.

Which of these would be most suited to a tank this size? (Approx 60L) And wont destroy the plants...

What kind of sex ratio do I need for successful breeding?

All of those fish would do ok in that tank,none of them should eat the plants, The kribensis or Bolivians may want a bigger as they get older, they get a bit bigger than the rest.

And i dont know what most people do for sex ratio but when i had blue rams, the male would pair up with one female and the other would just get bullied and that was in a 120L tank.

HTH

Sounds like a good selection of fish there for a 2ft tank.. As Dixon said probably the bolivians would outgrow the tank a bit, but if you had a very compatible pair it would be fine. Same goes with all the others if the pair doesn't get along it might end up being trouble.

Can you find the nanacara's?

Most of the apisto's are supposed to be harem spawners but I have found the first female to breed will beat the snot out of the other female in a trio situation.. The only exception is borellii (yellow cheeked dwarf) that I got recently when I had 3 females on eggs in a 3ft tank, but I had no end of trouble keeping them alive I have 1m 2f (and a batch of eggs just hatched) out of an original 7 purchased so be careful with them.