Does anybody elses bristlenose annoy their kuhli loaches?

BikBok

I've had the BN for a week now and since he's been in the tank , the kuhlis have become shy. As soon as they come out , the BN comes right over and pushes in amongst them and they freak out and go back into hiding. He will nudge them and flick them with his tail. Not sure if he's trying to be social or just mean or even territorial.

I haven't seen them dance at all since BN has been in the tank :-(

Everything I've read suggests that they should get along fine so was wondering what other peoples experiences are.

Am now thinking of moving him to the 22L tank with a betta but that might be too small for him. He's about 2.5cm at the moment.

I really want to give the poor kuhlis a break.

Have I got a one off bossy BN or is this normal?

If I do move him, I'd like to put another BN it's place .

any suggestions?

thanks, I think i might move him to the other tank for now and if he gets too big , sawp him. I'll try another little BN in a few weeks time and see how that goes. then at least the Kuhlis get a little break.

I watched the BN chase , yes chase one of the kuhlis around the tank.

So BN is now in my betta tank.

And the Kuhlis, well they're out and about again.. just like they used to.

Hope I can get another BN eventually that won't be so bossy!

I never realised how well they could smell.. part of the problem was, as soon as food was put down for the Kuhli he'd come and take over.. ignoring his own peice on the opposite side of the tank!

In his new home today, I dropped a tablet and he was there in seconds... amazing.