Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

Cichlids in Napier fish show

Featured Replies

Does anyone know the owners of the Pike cichlid (female Crenicichla lepidota?) and the Blue-eyed cichlid that were at the fish show?

Just curious to see where/ how they got hold of them from (especially the Pike cichlid - cool looking fish - see photo below).

i.e. this fish:

redbelliedfishwithblackspot.jpg

I had that blu-eye Midas

I got it's parents I think, from Frans, when he was importing from down at Tokoroa, the Hamilton club did a trip down there.

Maybe Dave or Rob could fill you in on how long ago that was.

That other one or that species came in the same shipment.

I actually thought they were illegal imports.

???

I am looking for a male by the way.

Alan 104

The Kadango peacocks were mine - males with metallic blue head and rusty orange body with blue spangles?

  • Author

I actually thought they were illegal imports.

???

I am looking for a male by the way.

Last time I looked on the fish list there was a Crenicichla species of some sort on the allowable list. I'll have to have another look.

Given that your're looking for a male, I guess you've only got the one?

Would be cool if we could get some more of these in the country.

Blue Peacock??? :-? Who said anything about Blue Peacock?

Yes, the fish are Copadichromis borleyi 'red fin' or Kadango

Yes Midas, just got the female blue-eye

I lost the whole shooting box, Mum, Dad, and all but one of the kids in a heater malfunction; over-heating. Wouldn't have been so bad if it was convicts, I know that they look the same, but the price is dramatically different, possibly the reason why they haven't been imported since the initial arrival. The differnce? $7.00 for Convicts. Blue-eyes? Over $40.

These prices were seen at Hollywood Mt Roskil, I bought mine half-price from a wholesaler.

Alan 104

  • Author

Sorry Alan can't help you with finding a male Blue-eye.

So no one knows who owns the Crenicichla lepidota above?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.