metal halides for cichlid aquarium ??

Aquatopia

They get hot enough to give decent burns :oops:

Looks like you have them...was going to make sure you got a modern ballast

Iv got 2 6500k 150w bulbs here that a member was going to buy(he pulled out)

They haven't arrived yet but as the unit is basically brand new i am sure its a modern ballast - time will tell :)

you could maybe do a hollow hood...something that rises high enough above the waterline to prevent fish from jumping, narrow enough for a cat to have difficulty and the halide hanging from your roof...

if you get enough t5s you can get the light ripples....or just go for the halogen thingo....

you could maybe do a hollow hood...something that rises high enough above the waterline to prevent fish from jumping, narrow enough for a cat to have difficulty and the halide hanging from your roof...

if you get enough t5s you can get the light ripples....or just go for the halogen thingo....

Yip, the important element being enough T5's - by the time I had that I would have spent a lot of money and replacing all those tubes would be as expensive if not more than replacing a 150w MH. Thanks for the hollow hood idea - but my cats are clever cats - it needs to be totally inaccessible for them :-)