Dolomite Rock

Aquatopia

Um Oamaru stone?

Or maybe limestone form west coast

Hi Nav,

No thats not dolomite specifically, or at least its not the dolomite I am after - I want rock sized pieces of the dolomite chips that they use for substrate - its a pinky brown colour.

Warehouse and bunnings sell that in 20kg bags last time I looked in the garden section

Sorry I wasnt more helpfull

Navarre

Its not a case of not being helpful - i appreciate all comments intended to be helpful - and I hope you did not think that I was being ungrateful for your post - I just wanted to clarify what I am after. And when you say bunnings sell it in 20kg bags do you mean as rocks ? Im looking for pieces of dolomite rock here - to build a rock pile for my tank. :D

Sorry they sell it in chips and in smallish rocks/large pebbles lasttime I was there.

Try the landscape place in Linwood on teh road that runs from Ferry road to teh pound out towards teh bromet treatment plants they have good size rocks schist etc.

had dolomite last time I was there

HTH

Navarre

Sorry they sell it in chips and in smallish rocks/large pebbles lasttime I was there.

Try the landscape place in Linwood on teh road that runs from Ferry road to teh pound out towards teh bromet treatment plants they have good size rocks schist etc.

had dolomite last time I was there

HTH

Navarre

Great , thanks. :)

I am pretty sure there is a factory in Hororata that crushes the rock into powder for resale. If you ring The Selwyn District Council they should be able to tell you the name of the place. I think they used it to seal oxidation ponds and water races.

Thanks Alan :hail: it really will tie in nicely with my aquascaping plans .