Another goldie or not!

Caper

Now that Sam my goldfish has gone to fishy heaven :( that leaves just Beauty in the 29 gallon tank.

Should I leave him/her on its own? Should I get a tank mate? Before Sam died, there were times when he was sitting and Beauty would hover above Sam. Not in a menacing way, just staying above Sam. Almost as if he was protecting him or keeping watch over him.

So, now I'm wondering if being on his own would be a good thing or not.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Caper

I'll post pics soon as I remember to get new batteries :-?

His/her name, well as it turns out my 3 year old grandson Brayden was with me and I told him he could name the new fish. Yep, he named him SAM :lol: :lol:

He/she is a veiltail like beauty. My only concern is that the new Sam :lol: is quite small roughly a third in size compared to Beauty. If I wait 2 weeks before introducing the new Sam, Beauty will have been alone almost 3 weeks. I'm wondering if Beauty will become very territorial since she will have had the tank all to herself for that amount of time.

Because Beauty if the only other fish in the tank, do you think it would be ok to introduce Sam earlier?

Caper

Aww Sam the 2rd how cute.

It hard to say really - my big "goldie" was fine with new additions to his tank however didn't like comets put in and would chase them non stop, goldie is a fantail :o

I guess you won't know till the two meet - if beauty doesn't like the new Sam try taking beauty out then reintroduce him back. But I am sure they will be fine. :D

Yep, they are doing just fine Mel. When I first put the "new" Sam in, Beauty did a bit of chasing but I think it was more of "who are you" :o :lol: Sam is now out and about most of the time and Beauty doesn't seem to bother.

Caper