Breeding pearl gouramis

agecage

Have you tried conditioning them separately or even by a divider? Sometimes this can happen.. Other things to trigger spawnings are increase/decrease in temp, big water changes you have to figure out what triggers that species and your individual fish..

Failing all of that stop trying to breed them neglect them a little and you are bound to look in there and find them breeding :) And you will be like one member who I have heard about who bred thousands of them and couldn't give them away lol

I once heard a REALLY random one - flashing your lights on and off at them. They think its lightning therefore a tropical thunderstorm = perfect time to breed. Never tried it myself but it makes me laugh thinking of people desperately psychoanalyzing their fish (no offence if you are!)

lol that's brilliant, I think it would result in fish smashing them selves all over the tanks for me though they don't like changing light.. I have heard of people lowering the water level right down and then using a watering can to simulate rain as a trigger :)

• 3 months later...

maybe try blocking out the sides of the tank, and minimising movement around it, dont know where abouts you have it set up, but alot of movement can put some fish of IME.

+1 for hiding places for the female, keep up with blood worms/ whiteworms...

try upping the temp abit?

try leaving them for a couple weeks then do a big water change? the fresh water can be a stimulus...

just some ideas to try out

hey there

try using some indian almond leaf to condition the water.

these also trigger breeding/bubble nest breeding (also making the males a bit more agressive)

turn your filter down very low

drop your water level to about 4inches

lay some fine gravel over the base of your tank (gouramis dont like reflections) they wont breed if they can see them selves usually

give the female a pot or something to hide in etc

ive just recently spawned 500 or so honey dwarf gouramis :P