Car broken into last night :(

whetu

... i often wonder how people don't hear the window smash? i guess they put a blanket over it and then smash it???

I wondered the same thing. Our bedroom is at the front of the house, maybe only 5 or 6 metres away from where the car was parked. On both nights when the window got broken we were sleeping with the bedroom window open! You would think we would have heard it!

... I know that if my car was broken into, I simply wouldn't have the money to repair the window more than once.

I didn't have the money for either breakage. :( I paid both times on my credit card. I have now sold my car to my next door neighbour for $200 (that's all it was worth). So I didn't even cover the cost of the broken windows. :cry: And now I will be paying interest on the balance :roll:

sick.......

i seriously want to set up a flash car with visible sounds/goods inside and leave it somewhere obvious...... and when it's crunch time switch on huge flood lights, snapping canon cameras at 5shots a second, firing paintball guns at a similar speed, then give them a little talking to about respecting "other" people's (not theirs) property. other ideas?? :bounce:

could always opt for a dog sleeping in the car. Pit bull should scare off most burglars, but if it came to crunch and they did get in, the dog will prolly lick them to death instead of mauling. :lol:

also there are those window-shatter hammers with the point that will shatter a window without much noise. They use them in emergencies on buses. I know cos I tested the theory on one of my old cars. only did it cos I had a spare window, and was pretty bored that day.

Oh Whetu, that is just terrible! ( and for all of the others with break-in/ripoff/vandal/horror stories too)

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :evil:

hehe, I like Lukes idea

wouldn't it be great to catch the rotten$#@!s and .... I dunno.... give em a reason to care? about anything? It is just too hard to understand how some people don't have any sense of right & wrong...or absolutely don't care about anything at all. how depressing :(

:( I don't go walking at one of my favourite coastal spots any more because someone keeps smashing windows.... I wonder if they would still smash them out of spite, even if we left the car unlocked with no valuables left inside. But from Whetus 1st post, it sounds like they might strip it for anything?! indicators, seatbelts.. who knows what...