What to feed?

Fruju

Live aquatic invertebrates are ideal, especially while they are adjusting to captivity. If you can't find them get some frozen bloodworms. They move around and look like food to the new fish.

As a staple diet for adjusted natives I use frozen ox heart. I used to use bloodworms but I found the fish were'nt growing as fast as they chould have been, just not enough nutrient.

Be REALLY careful with new fish over this hot summer. Have a thermometer in the tank. The water should be below 20 degrees. Mine are around 22 which is not good, but the tanks and fish are established and get very careful and regular maintenance, so I get away with it.

Keep a VERY close eye on them for whitespot especially, or fluffiness (usually columnaris). Treat with 1/2tsp table salt per litre until the fluffiness is gone or in the case of whitespot, for at LEAST two weeks after the last spot as fallen off.

I botched up :oops: I had some bullies in quarantine for three weeks. Had precautionary salt in there (same rate) for two weeks. Dropped the fish in the main tank and immediately realised they had whitespot, just the tiny ones that have only become big enough to be visible that day. Now I have to pull the tank apart to get the little sods out before they fall off and become infectious. Not quite sure how I screwed up the precautionary treatment, but I did. Might give it three weeks of treating next time.

Kicking self repeatedly.

Best of luck with your natives! I am always here to help with any questions :)