our anemonies

Brianemone

about the same size. apparently 3 times larger when he's (ok, he/she) happy though :)

whats some signs of a happy anemone? should the base be plump like say pulsing xenia? mine now looks like a balloon at the base in some parts (or more like a condom blown up a bit :D ) What about the tips, I assume fat?

rare white anemone?

not too many anemones are white in nature thats why i thought it, and if its re-gaining its zoox then that proves it was bleached.

alot of the anemones coming into your country would be bleached because of your quarantine process wouldnt they?

id put money on that being bleached though

(sorry for calling you silly :wink: )

thats what i thought, but i asked reef about them and he said thats how they came in, the green ones from him in the store had all their normal colour

but it seems healthy for now

i assume it will take on a little colour over time

but i did wait 3 months untill i was reasonably sure that i wasnt buying a compleatly retarded anemone

my "many me" (as my 18month old daughter calls it) has gone walkies. He's basically under the rock that he was on (ie: on the underside of the rock just below the reef rack and out of the light) Is this normal behaviour? Is he just a little scared and trying to get comfortable with his new surroundings?

yeah just read the same thing on the FAQ on the previous page. thats cool. here's an excerpt regarding yours though - just to be aware...

What is anemone ‘bleaching’?

All healthy clown anemones have a population of zooxanthellae in their body tissues that helps provide nutrients to the host anemone. This algae population is brown in color, and all healthy clown anemones will have an underlying color tone of light to dark brown depending upon the intensity of lighting under which they are kept, and the size of their zooxanthellae population. In cases of stress or poor water conditions, the zooxanthellae population in an anemone can die or be expelled. This condition is called “bleaching†since a healthy, dark colored anemone can become light and pale overnight. Bleached anemones are white or translucent in color, and lack the noticeable brown undercoloring of healthy anemones. The lack of zooxanthellae puts an anemone at significant health risk, since it no longer has a substantial source of nutrients. However, even badly stressed and bleached anemones can recover if placed in a stable, healthy environment. Daily feedings and appropriate light conditions will help the animal to rebuild its zooxanthellae population and reacquire its normal tan/brownish color over time. This process may take a while – three months is not unusual.