crickets Grow fast! amazing

henward

no, dont wanna give aros the insects. i save them for my reptiles.

the aros are on shrimp and massivore combo:D i think that shouldsufice, there actually isnt much goodness in crickes and locusts compared to the engineered superiority of HIKARI...(i dont work for hikari by the way:)

if i could feed my reptiles on hikari, i would..... oh yes

yeah, i fed a big locust the other day, a winged one. that was fun to watch, but i save it for lizards generally lol due to cost also.

im gonna buy smal crickets from now on and grow them up. very easy!

i feed fruit scraps, and massivore delite:D lol

:)

no, not yet

i emailed hikari to formulate some for me to make crickets grow big:D

fast isnt always best, you can make your own food just aim to get something 30+%protein

not too much calcium as does more harm than good to insects, best to dust prior to feeding out if predator requires extra calcium (shouldnt do if on varied diet)

too much calcium = hard shel'd insects, worse case restricting them been able to shed therefore killing them. also makes them harder to digest for predator/reptile etc upping the chance of blockages

cat/dog biscuits blended up and or fish flake are commonly used, this way you know whats going into the bugs - reptiles to a certain extent anyway......no point risking melamine contaminated food :lol:

pre-made "cricket" food is to costly for what its worth imo as crickets go through heaps - i go through atleast a 4litre container of food per week :o which is for a few thousand crickets but still they like to eat. hth

I feed my crickets a mix of dog food, fish pellets (cheap ones) and that protein powder stuff that all the jocks at the gym take to get buff, can't remember the proper name of it... :roll:

Isn't that stuff expensive?

What's actually in cat/dog biscuits? Are they good for the reptiles? Reckon I could feed mealworms biscuits?