Female Dwarf Gourami?

joliet

I took advantage of Animates again this weekend and bought a pair of Dwarf Gouramis - something I've wanted for a long time.

I bought these ones on the advice that it would be better to get a pair - male and female. I was told the one I wanted the most was a male and that the females (lots of them in there) had rounder bottom tails and the back of the dorsal fin was more rounded. The guy then walked away to serve someone else and I was left with a girl who didn't really know about fish and I had to choose a female. Now that I've got them home they kinda look similar in the fact that their dorsal fins are both pointy but I would just like a confirmation of what sex this one is?

DSCF1137.jpg

DSCF1139.jpg

Sorry for the slightly blurry photos, I'm starting to learn how impossible it is to get photos of fish! They're still in the bag getting used to my tank temp.

Wait for others to agree first before thanking me. I know it is rare but I am occasionally - wrong :roll:

Ok .. since I put her* into the tank she has developed a thick black line along the length of her body in the middle .. is this a good sign?!

*assuming the fish is a 'she' of course.