pacu & giant gourami diet/food

sorcha

pacus and GGs are the most non picky eaters~!

i mean my pacus use to eat glass heaters:S lol

no really

all the veges you named, rice, cat food, dog food. liver.

more veges better, also they dont grow as big so quickly.

peas is probably one of the cheapest

carrots for colour on the GG.

or, mice

i fed my 50 cm pacu a mouse

it was the ... well, i am not sqeemish, but that disturbed me somewhat

You should never feed cat food or dog food to fish :( Both are very high in animal proteins, which are difficult for fish to digest properly and can lead to health problems later in life. They are designed to meet the dietary needs of cats and dogs, not fish. The crude protein levels, levels of various vitamins and the other ingredients are all intended to keep a cat or a dag healthy. What keeps them healthy is completely different from what keeps a fish healthy.

yeah, same with beef and chicken

but alot of people do it

over seas, i have seen some pretty huge monsters! living past ages that most dream of, feeding beef based food

but yes, in theory, fish food and veges is good

for pacus

wha tyou can do to make them extra huge is feed them walnuts:D

or nuts with the shell

and watch them crack it, its awesome hearing the nuts crack in the water,

Gourami tend towards vegetarianism, preferring algae-based foods but will eat meaty foods. An algae-based flake food, along with freeze-dried bloodworms, tubifex, and brine shrimp will provide these fish with the proper nutrition while young. Once of significant size, they can be fed aquarium plants part or fully cooked fibrous or starchy vegetables, or fresh (or off) fruits. They do develop tastes, such as an aversion to acidic or strongly flavoured foods such as tomatoes or onions, or fresh stone fruit or citrus.

Pacu are commonly sold as 'Vegetarian Piranhas' to home aquarium While they are not aggressive carnivores like the piranha, their crushing jaw system, used primarily for eating seeds and nuts but also would scavenge as well .

from wikipedia

A platter of seasonal fruit and vegetables! :bounce:

From now until the end of summer try tomatoes, corn, water melon, grapes, berries, courgette, peas... Whatever you can find fresh in the garden or supermarket.

After you've eaten your corn off the cob, float the cob in the water so your pacu can clean off any bits you've missed. nutritious and entertaining for you both! :lol: