Breeding tank size

Hi guys,

I was wondering what sort of stuff I could breed in 20cm by 30cm by 30 cm tanks? I know I could breed certain types of killies in that size but what else or would it be too small?

Many people who breed lots of fish, including myself in the good old days breed fish in small tanks then feed the fry up for a while before trasfering them to larger tanks to grow them up. It is better to feed fry in small shallow tanks for a while as they are surrounded by food then transfer them to larger tanks which are easier to maintain once they are swimming well. Small fish in a large tank are likely to be at one end getting hungry while the food is at the other end. This is particularly so in a breeding situation where the whole room is heated.

Yeah I do what Alan says.. My cockatoo pair was in my 30cm cube bred them in there left the fry in there for a while until they started spreading around the tank then transferred them to a 3ft..

A 30cm cube isn't much good for growing fish out in really, maybe some of those tiny danio's (i forget the name) or something like that, but getting a half descent spawn of any fish will require alot of maintenance to keep the tank water clean.