My Female Fighter .. what will her colours be?

joliet

Sorry for the second post in a day but .. this is my female fighter.

DSCF1100.jpg

I was told her black stripes would fade as she ages and her colour will come through stronger. Do you think she will be blue with a bit of red in her fins? I was told she could be those colours which is kinda why I chose her. Is there a way to tell what type of fighter she will be? This question just occured to me, I guess I should've asked at the pet shop, but the pet shop also had a short tailed male in with the females thinking that it was a female so .. yeah.

Also, is there any way of guessing how old she is?

Cheers, Jo

I would say blue with a red wash though her tail and lower fin. The stripes will disappear when she is less stressed and she will go darker if there is a male in the tank or where she can see one. Age, well what size is she. I would say about 4 months old as this is usually about the age they are on sold to the shops and she should be around the 2-3cm mark. Can't see her tail properly but going on her lower fin I would say veiltail.

I would say blue with a red wash though her tail and lower fin. The stripes will disappear when she is less stressed and she will go darker if there is a male in the tank or where she can see one.

Cool, she has already shown signs of darkening .. her tail colours have certainly come out more as shes become more accustomed to the tank.

Age, well what size is she. I would say about 4 months old as this is usually about the age they are on sold to the shops and she should be around the 2-3cm mark.

I just measured her, she's about 4cm including her tail.

Can't see her tail properly but going on her lower fin I would say veiltail.

Nice. I googled female fighters and most look the same so I thought maybe it just depends on what male they breed with as to what offspring they have. But if she might be a veiltail that would be nice because I actually prefer them :)

Please...Please... don't ever appologize for posting. You can post a hundred times a day if you want... this is what makes the forums tick.

Haha ok, point taken :wink:

a ct or crowntail female looks like this - look at the ends of the fins and tail

a vt or veiltail has smooth edges to the fins and tail like yours

and anything crossed will be a mix of both but not as good as a full ct

Ahh ok, that makes sense :) thanks for clarifying it.

Probably not - some of my adults have theirs but not the ones who have been :wink: with males :roll:

Oh right! Interesting. Might have to think about another couple of females and a male then! :lol: Not as if I need another excuse for more fish :roll: :lol: