Where to get good wood from in canterbury region?

Dixon1990

its accessed from beach road,Kaiapoi. Follow the road down as far as you can go,dont turn off to the left at pines beach keep following the main road and you will come to Kairaki beach settlement.Drive to the end of the road and hang a left,park up somewhere and go for a walk,talk to the fishermen and whitebaiters (if they are still about) Havent looked there myself but collected some cool rocks and wood from the Ashley riverbed on the western outskirts of Rangiora

they was a few nice pieces of already sunken and waterlogged pieces in the ashley river when i was there a week ago you would probably be struggling to find a piece like that there tho , maybe if u walked quite far up the river

LMAO i musta got them all :wink: Maybe the waimak river will have some,if you drive up river towards the mountians,not that far though lol, you may find some as the wood at kairaki comes from up river anyway! You could get it before anyone else does and if you have dogs you could take them out for a run at the same time :P