Green spotted puffer Not eating. Urgent help!!!!!

vuholdenss

I got a gsp sent to me from Christchurch 2 weeks ago. It was suppose to have been couriered over night but for some reason he didnt turn up. He had a 20hr heat pack ands was in the post for nearly 60 hours. I thought he would have been dead. But when I opened up the packge he was alive but not in a good state. He was totally black and I was sure he would survive the night. Amazingly he did. after about a week he was getting his color back and started to eat small snails but nothing else.

Now the problem is he wont eat anything at all and has been slowly getting skinny and his color has gone back to black.

Ive tried him on shrimp , meat mixture,blood worms and of course Snails.

Ive check the water and everything is at normal. No ammonia,nitrates or nitrites.

Please help. I dont want to lose Little puff

Aw :( I hope that doesn't put you off of puffers, they're fantastic pets. Lots of them come with internal parasites almost all of them are wild caught. They need treating, but I don't do it until they are settled in for about a month or so, to I can make sure they are eating and have gotten over the move.

Hopefully you can get another. Did you check his teeth? If they are too long they can't eat and will starve to death. If he was only a baby this probably wouldn't be relevant though