breeding to obtain strains

spoon

i have a lot of guppies pretty much all of them have a red-orange showtail and blue-black iridescent body (3 or 4 generations of males) all of a sudden i noticed 1 that is differnt to the rest (probably 4th genereation) he has a yellow and red tail and a lite blue iridescent body so far (still quite young) he also has paterns on him like snakeskin guppies however not on his tail yet. im wanting to know 1st where did he come from i.e is he just a chance mutation or a product of in breeding and how i get more like him , i have a virgin female in another tank she would be 4th generation also but from which parent s i have no idea am i likely to get ane results from her or am i better selecting a female with an interesting colour tail or a lot of colour , so even if i dont get more like the male i still get something cool? possibly if some1 could explain to me what to try and achieve with guppies and methods of doing it as im sure they can be more fun than just a community fish taht breeds like rabbits!

• 11 months later...

i got a blue snakeskin one in the next lot of fry but gave those away to a friend , hes had them ages now so id hate to whats popped up in there now i kept the adults for a while with my africans the males i had got eaten gave the females away bout 8 months ago , they popped out some interesting coloured fry in another mates tank but hes gone to cichlids now so all new babies are being eaten