batch process on Photoshop?

davidb

Hey guys how do embed text onto every photo in a file on photoshop CS3? I know how to do it to one, but need to know how to do a whole lot of photos (batch process), I just want my name in the bottom right corner, or is it easier/possible to do it with the Canon EOS software as I have this too? Cheers guys.

You need to create an Action first - this is where you record the steps you go through to watermark your images.

Actions are in the History palette.

You will have to make your watermark in a separate file, it has to be the correct size to go on your photos, make it on a separate layer from the background, delete the background layer and save it as a .psd with a single layer with a transparent background and close the file.

Open an image you want to watermark.

Create a New Action

-In the Actions palette, create a New Action.

-Click the New Action button, name the Action, click the Record button.

-File > Place, choose your watermark file, position the watermark with the Move tool.

-Click the Stop button at the bottom of the Actions palette.

You may have to practice this first before you record your action, I always stuff it up and have to do it a few times.

After you have made your action, you go File > Automate > Batch

Choose the Action that you have created, set the parameters for saving it and you are away.

HTH