Juwel Vision 450

Jo1

i would put a cannister filter on instead if money was no object, a big 1 with a heater built in (or 2) gets the ugly internalk filter out of there (more natural looking, more room) the OEM filter is run by a 1000lph powerhead im sure this could be improved on

Thanks spoon. I have never used these aquariums and really want reliability above all else. Also looking at Aqua One Aquience 120 bow front which is a bit smaller. Client wants a bow front and money is no object - wouldn't that be nice!

There have been numerous threads about bowed aquariums and curved glass aquariums giving out and cracking. You might want to look into that. I have an AR620 and have had no problem, but I always use an external filter not the ones that come with the tank.

We have quite a few Aqua One Royale's (bow front) and Regal and Monarch which are curved corners and have had no problems what so ever. They are all quite well braced so not worried about this, more concerned about the filtration in the Jewels. Also bought a Jebo curved corner recently but put a cannister filter on it and the only problem we have with that is access to service it - it is quite a rigmarole (sp) to get lid off due to the filtration unit along the back.

Hi Jo1

I have a juwel Vision 450 (but its my marine tank). I have also got a juwel rio 400, and I have to say that you are better off using both the internal filter system and an external canister filter ( I ran a CF1200 and hte internal filter on my rio 300 when i kept discus).

RE: the cracking seems to be only the curved corner tanks that i have heard this happen too, visions are bowfront and so don't have the curved corners so i don't think this is so much of an issue (haven't heard it happen on a juwel). I personally think the juwels are a nicer tank that the aqua one tanks, well-made.

Really recommend a juwel vision 450, very nice tanks :), you can remove the lighting and lids and replace with a pendant light system if you ever decide to do this (or if you decide to use it for marines :)

Thanks jolliolloi. I must admit I haven't seen the Vision 450 but was pleased to see that it stood higher than the smaller models. This is one thing that the Aqua Ones have over most Juwels. Why both filters? The internal filter is not particularly nice to look at and if we choose a large cannister I can't see that we need the internal, but will pass on any comments to the client who wants the usual community tropicals - angels etc. We usually prefer Eheim filters over anything else for reliability, quality, long life, speed of cleaning. The Aquience comes with a filter which we could change but also has T5 lighting which would be nice.

Hi Jo1, when i had my tank i kept the internal filteras it was already installed, but since you'll be making one from scratch i would do as you've suggested and just run a very large external canister filter (or two smaller ones in each door) as the internal boxes are pretty ugly.

the new juwel vision 450s come with T5 lighting as well :)