green fluoro acro

chimera

what do you feed your reef?? I can't seem to get things to grow well. Would love to know your weekly routine with the tank

traces of phosphates stunts acro growth (as well as poor colour) aim on getting those to zero. i use a bloody big skimmer, rowaphos and macro algae to keep phosphates down. run a calcium reactor (also with mg chips) to maintain calcium, alkalinity and magnesium. also dose baking soda every few days to keep alkalinity up (calcium reactor can't keep up with demand). also dose kalkwasser (calcium hydroxide) in topup water to maintain calcium and also helps keep phosphates down.

overall try and maintain calcium at 400 or higher, magnesium at 1300 or higher and alkalinity always above 7 (preferably 8-9) feed my reef phytoplankton and cyclop-eeze every few days, as well as mixing up frozen brine in some water weekly. also dose amino acids every 2 days.

thanks for that Chimera.

600lt tank , with two trickel filter sump, Deltec skimmer TS 1250.

My parameters are

Nitrate 10

calcuim 420

mag 1500

Phosphate .03

I don't have a calcium reactor, wouldn't know how one works...I add

Reef Advantage Calcium, depending on my test results which I do every two weeks....I add it twice a week 25mls.

Also add Reef builder 15mls 2x week, to raise alkalinity,

and of course Magnesium 40mls 2x week.

I also add

Vibrance

Fuel

and Ions from Aquavitro, I have only just started adding this product, I use to use the seachem products.

I use natural sea water which I do a regular +- 30% change every two weeks.

I have quiet alot of current in the tank, I havn't worked out the volumes of what is being moved about, but my return pump is one of the big sizes eheim, the overflow pipe is quiet small and does abit of the sucking noises...but can live with that.

I would love to see my corals doing really well, to the point of having a problem of having to prune!!! I wish!!

Thanks for your help.

Sally