Disease mould story - not a happy ending!!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have spent a bit of time over the last few weeks, moving all my fish around to temporary tanks while I build a wall (to enclose the fish) and re setup tanks (Actually that should read months!). I manage the stress on the fish would be fairly high, as going from big tanks to little tanks can’t be all that fun. However all survived the temporary housing.

However after moving all the fish back to their final housing, one of my Betta’s started growing mould. (I will be banned from having these fish soon) Setup the hospital tank, threw in some Meths blue, and left him there for about 5 minutes, and put him back into this tank. He seemed happy enough. The next day I noticed the female had the some stuff growing, instead of acting as soon as I noticed the problem, I left it until I got home. Man that stuff can grow quickly; I guess my setup is great conditions for mould?

Anyway, basic line to this story is act quickly, do not wait.

Before anybody asks the male died too, the next day, I guess 5 minutes was not enough. Alan before you say why didn't I put the meths direct on the mould growth, the growth was around the gills, didn't want to risk it.