Fluval or Juwel (Vicenza or Vision 180)

piggyvir

Hi all,

i am thinking of upgrading my tank at the moment and have been looking everywhere for tanks. I like the fluval vicenza bow front tanks and the only other one I can find is the Juwel vision 180. i have read some review on the internal filter and apparantly it's not strong enough.

Is there anywhere I can look and do more research on? Also, where can I get the fluval vicenza tank in Auckland? I have checked Animates and Hollywood fishfarm and none of them have those...

Cheers

Vir

• 2 weeks later...

The Jewel filters are fine unless you want to put BIG fish in their biggest tank, then you need to run a secondary filter to suppliment it. They don't produce huge water flow, but I have a couple of Jewel tanks with crystal clear clean water. My only complaint has been the brown scum I got behind the filter on one tank which I couldn't remove as the filter is siliconed in with too little space to get a scraper down there. I happily recommend the Jewel aquarium, they are great tanks.

i know what you mean about the brown scum, its annoying. I used very thin perspex to slide down the side of the filter and remove the scum. In one of hte other tanks i removed the filter box as i was using it for a marine tank. To get the box out you need to use fishing line to cut through the silicone dots. Takes a while and you break a lot of fishing lines but it works