Eels

fins

What substrate/gravel do these guys bury into? Do you see them much, or do they just hide until they want to feed? What would some good tank mates be? What size do they get to? Would they be a good fish to train to hand feed and be friendly, stuff like that, kind of like and oscar?

thanks

I keep my tire track eel in common fine gravel substrate that all pet stores sell...... my eel is very active and constantly out and about.... apparently more often than not they are quite shy, I brought my eel when he was around 6cm..... he's now about 30-35 cms.... and they can grow to over 2ft. I have read that they can be trained to hand feed, but I have never tried, unlike my black ghost knife (about the same size) I cant get him out of my way when my hands are in the tank.... constrantly swimming around my fingers. Tank mates would have to be reasonable in size..... He now will eat anything around 3-4 cms.... I had 3 half grown tiger barbs disappear over night!