A WhiteSpot Remedy Alternative...?

Brookey25

Hi,

I'm relatively new to this site and have recently posted the story in this thread about my fish (Patch), who has a severe case of White Spot.

His immunity is extremely low, and he didn't react well to the Meth Blue.. so I panicked and did a 50% water change to remove most of the treatment from the tank, as I thought he was going to die any second when his breathing suddenly became irregular and he was gasping.

I have been surfing the net and read about a remedy called Pimafix, which by the looks of it, is in the same category as Melafix - not as harmful to fish, much gentler - but a natural ANTIFUNGAL remedy.

Is anyone aware of this treatment? According to the news sites I've read, you can even use this in conjunction with Melafix. None of my local pet stores stock this, so I was wondering if it's only a something that exists outside the country.

Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks

Malachite green, quinine or mepacrine. Malachite green is the easiest to get hold of. Meth blue is used also and if you have got rid of the spots you may have cured the white spot. The other signs look like they could be caused by a bacterial infection and Furan 2 is possibly the easiest to get that would treat that (and white spot).

• 3 weeks later...