Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Emperor Snapper

Featured Replies

I was at Wonderworld on Sunday, and they had a heap of marines, including about 4 young emperor snapper.

Does anyone have any experience keeping them? I know they get huge (I remember the big one at Jansens in Botany, anyone know what happened to it?) but what I want to know is how fast? I could comfortably house it up to around 20-24", but I'd want to be settled in my own house before committing to an even bigger tank.

Its just a crazy pipe dream really, but they're amazing looking fish!! :lol:

Care Level: Difficult

The Emperor Snapper, also known as the Sebae Snapper, is vividly marked as a juvenile, with bold red to black stripes on a white body. It is an extremely fast-growing fish, and with age, the striping begins to fade until the fish is an overall reddish-pink color.

A 180 gallon or larger aquarium is necessary for this hardy and big fish. As a juvenile, it likes to school with other Emperor Snappers, but as an adult, it should be alone in the tank. It may eat ornamental crustaceans in the aquarium.

The Emperor Snapper should be fed once a day with its favorite meaty foods including chopped meats (scallop, shrimp, fish).

  • Author

Yeah I found that. Put up a post on reefcentral, apparently they're fast growers, and would need a tank around 500g (8'x3'x30") to be comfortable as they're active swimmers. Would probably out-grow my 160g in about 12-18 months. I wonder who they're going to sell them to, they had 4-5 of them...

they will pass them on to who ever takes them

thats why i always search the internet now before i buy. just to see what they like. ect. ect. ect.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.