All Gone :(

DiverJohn

Hey everyone.. all my plants went last night - thankfully to a good home. I thought you might like to see what happens when you strip down a tank that hasnt had a gravel vac for 2 years.

Had I known that Java fern was in short supply I might have tried to wrangle a bit more from 'fresh' but he breeds cichlids so he will probably get his money back one day !!

Any whoo, Fresh parted with $100 for this lot... I suspect some of you 'planties' are going to drool!!!

1)First up is an over view of what came out, not shown is enought 'rotala macranda' to over flow a 5litre bucket. Also the left hand side of the towel are a couple of small Orisis and Java Ferns

2)Next is The Main E.Orisis in the tank. In the plant survey is a pic of E.Orisis, but this isnt that plant. Over the years that plant 'died' and spawned the "one" ( :oops: sorry everyone thats counted as one in my book !) in pic 2 and 2 others I found at completely the other end of the tank.

3) THIS is the Rhizome from the E.Orisis i purchased in 2003 for about $20. The original plant sort of "died off" and as you can see this was sprouting little ones like crazy!!! Yes its thicker than my thumb!

4) Lets just say fresh's exact words where... "Oh My... is that Java Fern?" And he had this kind of look on his face :o mixed with :bounce:

MostofPlantsMedium.jpg

OrisisMedium.jpg

RhizomeMedium.jpg

JavaFernMedium.jpg