How many more fish can i add...

Virgil

Hey all, think youve seen pics of my tank.

Its 135 liter tank and is currently becoming more and more planted.

I have at the moment 8 neons (holding strong for a couple weeks now!), 5 tiger barbs and just the other day added 2 Gouramis, they look like the powder blue ones.

I did have a Golden Algae eater but he died after 1 day ( im guessing due to the stress of being caught by the Animates guy who spent a good 5 mins chasing him round his tank).

keen to add another couple Gourami's, and will like to keep the numbers of Neons and Tigers as they are. Just wondering how many more fish i can safely add. I am keen on a couple BN's (hopefully the smaller variety) and some Kuhli's.

Cheers

The size of the BN or GBA is determined by their age, a full size male will eventually get to about 15cm.

Get 2-3 young ones- they are more effective cleaners when young.

In a way not the worst thing that could happen with GAE- they are problematic with tankmates when bigger. I would still go Animates for the refund though.

You could happily add to your neons or go for another small schooler, small rainbows perhaps. The bottom has room for cory's and a group of Khulis. You could even go a pair of small cichlids-rams, apistos, maybe even keyholes or maybe sajica, and leave the gourami numbers as they are

I assuming your tank is 3ft ish so I think 2-3 bns and 3-4 cory would be ok, or look t something like dwarf chain loaches which stay small and are good snail eaters

Cant remember the exact measurements, around 800mm wide so yeah close to 3 ft.

Quite deep though, think someone commented on that in another thread with my pics.

more neons? look great in a bunch although neons in general only seem to school up tight when a bit scared.

How about a siamese fighter? The only risk I see is that the barbs may try nip his fins :-?

Your reading my mind :D

Thinking of getting more tetra's but different from the neons, any suggestions to which would get along with the ones i already have?

And yep would love a Siamese, only concern would be the Tigers but as i have 5 of them, they seem content to leave the other fish alone.