another new set-up

marto

saw some new set-ups lately. Here is my set-up of an african tank.

meassurement: 1700(L)X400(H)X280(W)

All "equipment" is hidden behind the rocks.

By blocking some light from the 4 light tubes I created some bright and darker spots that makes it more interesting.

Some small electric yellows, 4 small Brichardis ans 4 also small Hansbaenschis seem to be very happy and growing. You can't seen them by the way.

Look forward to some comments.

325429199.jpg

325425046.jpg

325429184.jpg

It might have some buffering qualities in the long run, but I don't want to rely on it. I have some crushed coral in the filter.

The Ph is 8.2 and carbon hardness 12. Achieved that with "the recipe"

Is is stable now for 2 weeks.

I will try to get another picture for the full view: it is a bit dark.

The Ph is 8.2 and carbon hardness 12. Achieved that with "the recipe"

:bow: :bounce: :hail::hail: :bounce: :bow:

What a gorgeous tank.

What is the recipe you two mentioned? My poor fish just have to cope with what comes out of the tap. They are happy enough but Im sure they could be happier.

Alot of people are happy keeping their African fish in what their tap water gives them :D

The buffer recipe I use in our Fron tank and other displays... I have found our fish have been much happier with recipe so give them what they are happy with, colouration.. activity etc

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/buffer_recipe.php

I wouldnt! And if i had africans they wouldnt be alive in tapwater! lol

Tap water here is 6.8

They would probably survive Dixon... well some, some wouldn't do so well long term... :-? :lol:

Depending on what your water is like.. what your ph etc is.. some happily have their fish living in ph of around 7.5 yet have never stipulated what their kh is...

We love the buffer recipe 8)

Yes, I build it in in a sort of a feature wall in the lounge and that wall

isn't wider than 300 mm.

I designed the background paper myself. It doesn't show very well on the picture, but it gives the illusion of a much wider tank. Visitors often look at the back to see how far it sticks out!! I made the most of the length.

Messy fish, Dixon? giving them plenty of hiding places I think (hope) they will behave well and display a more or less natural behaviour, as long as the brichardi's are not to agressive. I know they can be, but I just love them.

They're gracefull agressive. How is that?

I personally prefer a tank with greater depth back to front, to give greater surface area, but in this instance with the small number of fish it wont post a problem Im sure. Also, each tank has to be taken in context of where it is placed and the preferences of the owner. :)

Having said that, this has the potential to look very impressive, especially if the illusion of greater depth can be achieved.

Im looking forward to seeing pics with the fish visible :)