white spots on severums !

Dubbo

Your severums may not eat for a while - I have had three sev's so far, and all have sulked and not eaten for a while when they arrived, one even when he was in the same tank with the same tank mates - he just missed his old Mum.

I have had spots like you describe, and with keeping the water changes up, they just came right. Fingers crossed.

Another thing to consider is the pH of your water. I managed to get my first sev to eat by dropping the pH. I put in a piece of wood and added some evil ph Down chemicals. I wouldn't necessarily change the pH at the moment, but just something to consider in future if things don't settle.

Good luck - they are awesome fish. Mine are now in my bedroom, and to see them sleeping is the funniest thing!!

Sam

Good stuff Dubbo, didn't think it looked like whitespot, I know of the blemish things you are meaning, very common, and yes can end up smudgy looking after they disappear.. seen it on rather a few larger cichlids... usually fish that have clear/see through tails and finnage..