Cross Breeding??Guppy X Platy?

Dixon1990

Well... I now only have 1 guppy.

And she was offspring from my ofther last guppy that died a while ago.

And as soon as she was born i put her in the tank with the platy fry.

Now she is about 3 cm and so are the platys, and shes fat!

Now what are the chances that she is pregnant?

I came across an interesting thread on another forum about livebearers crossing... Someone who is right into their livebearers had said that platys and guppies don't cross as SW says above. But Mollys will cross with guppies.... and young can be produced. It stated that if a male Molly breeds with a Guppy female it will more than likely kill her due to birthing difficulty... yet a male Guppy to a Molly female can produce fry but often they don't survive.

I came across an interesting thread on another forum about livebearers crossing... Someone who is right into their livebearers had said that platys and guppies don't cross as SW says above. But Mollys will cross with guppies.... and young can be produced. It stated that if a male Molly breeds with a Guppy female it will more than likely kill her due to birthing difficulty... yet a male Guppy to a Molly female can produce fry but often they don't survive.

I have read about mollies and guppy hybrids too, and the offspring were infertile.

Will have to wait and se then :-?