PMDD

cichlid7

ive got Daltons aquatic mix and good lighting, so i just need co2 or Flourish Excel then?

All my plants were planted in Dalton's Aq. Mix and I found I still needed some ferts.

I have read, and found that the if you have good lights the plants need ~15ppm Nitrates to keep on growing steadily.

I haven't used the aquatic mix this time around as it created too many cloud storms for me. But it is a very good medium for Sword plants in particular.

Post us some pics when you have all yours set up :)

All my plants were planted in Dalton's Aq. Mix and I found I still needed some ferts.

I have read, and found that the if you have good lights the plants need ~15ppm Nitrates to keep on growing steadily.

I haven't used the aquatic mix this time around as it created too many cloud storms for me. But it is a very good medium for Sword plants in particular.

Post us some pics when you have all yours set up :)

Hows the growth without Dalton's?

My 80g has been setup for two weeks. Without Dalton's, just beach sand, and ferts the swords and Apono's all sent out new roots within 3 days, and has new leaves growing 1/2" per day by weeks end.

The 60g has been set up for 5 days. Wihtout Dalton's all plants have sent out new roots and shoots. The swords and Apono's have 1-2" leaves grown new this week.

I have dosed Nitrates to 20ppm, Lights are 2wpg, and use Excel 1ml/40L.

> In my last setup with Dalton's my swords send out a thick root mat that covered the entire 4'x2'x 4" media base in only a few months. They were very healthy plants.