DT x CT

The trouble is getting a decent double tail to begin with and then a decent crowntail as well. I managed to get a really nice dt male last year (from a LFS) and was going to have a go as some of my ct females then were carrying the dt gene but he upped and died the moment he saw the female. The odd male of mine still shows a minute amount of split but very little.

Most of the dts I have seen have an uneven split and a lot are deformed.

Billaney has one of his (dt) for his avatar?, its beautiful, but doesn't have any more from what I understand.

I just thought that would be cool to have a DT CT. But I suppose they will eventually find their way to NZ

EDIT.. I saw a female fighter at lfs and thought it was a DT and was going to get it but wasn't sure if it was a DT or a fish with a nip as it did have a nip on it's tail. no ones brought it yet so I'll see if it tail mends or if it is a DT as they don't sell to many female fighters so I don't think it'll be sold for a while.

a good dt and probably the only one worth breeding from will have a split all the way to the base of the tail. I posted a pic somewhere on here of my male dt. if you can find something remotely like that it would be worth getting imo.

I might be wrong here though but I thought that to get a dt spawn one parent had to be a dt and the other had to carry the dt gene. I may need to be corrected on this one.

Hi Ron, so its both parents carrying the dt gene then.

Therefore starting off with a ct and a dt you would have to wait another generation and breed brother with sister? or with the parent dt?

Are these more suseptible to deformities doing it this way or is it just the dt do you think?

I know that developing my ct line has been hard as the original male was an egg eater and has passed it on down the line. All the females from this lot have been very hard to spawn as well. Now on 5th generation and I've had to bring in a new blood line so hopefully it works better.