Maybe fluke worm?

Foxjxa

Over the past couple of days I've noticed a strange 'growth' on the underside of one of my cardinal tetra's front fins. On closer inspection the growth appears to be a clear-ish bubble with some sort of worm/stringy thing inside it.

Bubblefin (the tetra afflicted with this 'growth'), appears to be in good health otherwise. Albeit, a few of my other tetra are noticeably fatter than him. He doesn't appear to be trying to get rid of the thing via scratching, and he acts just like the rest of the group.

I just noticed another tetra with what looks to be a similar growth however. This time, it's on the poor guy's chin (Bubblechin!). Again the tetra seems fine and I'm seeing no signs of distress.

After googling fish parasites, I haven't found anything that quite fits what I'm looking at. Anchor/Fluke worm seems to be the most similar of all the parasites I found, but I'm not sure how to treat it and there is no broken skin around the effected area - so maybe it's something else?

From that description, does anyone have any clue what it might be and how to treat it? I've been using tonic salt and have seen no change. :(

I'll try get a picture up soon.

Just my personal feeling but I'm a big fan of formalin, it nukes the heck outta parasites, as far as how sensitive cardinals are to it, I treated a case of false neon tetra disease with formalin/wite spot cure combo and didn't even lose the infected fish.

Ok, I finally got some pics, sorry about the quality! (And the cleanliness of the tank)

23tmgxf.jpg

28hdjy8.jpg

The 'bubble' is most definitely getting bigger, but he doesn't seem to notice or care. I'm not worried about him dieing, but I don't want it spreading around my tank!

(He looks very sparkly in the second picture and I cannot figure out why! He looks normal in reality.)