Tropheus dubosi

lambo

Id say no :) lol send them upto me ive got a spare 5ft id love to stick some in.. :)

I have seen them in tanks that small before but they can get pretty nasty so would probably recommend a bit more room, might be a good grow out for them if they're only small though.

I have never kept them but have done a bit of research and just because I wouldn't do it doesn't mean it wouldn't work I think one of the breeders in Auckland breeds them in smaller tanks.... Don't be too disheartened others who have kept them may give you better news :)

Is it redwoods that has them? And how much were they?

lol, that was a good guess. Not sure if it was 25 or 35 or somewhere in between. Was too stunned by what i saw and the possibilties they presented. :wink: I'm not in any hurry though, I like to do as much research on a species that i can before i begin, get it right the first time i reckon

Hi There,

I have kept these guys in the past and breed the odd mouthfull as well.

I would suggest that that size tank would be ok for the fry but not for that many adults. They are supprisingly big fish and need their space.

They also need reasonably good water quality so I have to say the bigger the tank the better. Redwood always had nce Tropheus and often can get a few different vareties.

Well thats how it was for me anyway.

HTH.

Navarre

You could get all 10 and as they mature and develop into breeding age move on any that are getting knocked around or not maturing as fast. If you want to breed from stock that is probably all from the same brood, that is.

Definately as fry you could keep them in their. But as other people have mentioned it would be a time thing and when they did get bigger you would/mite have to take out all plants and or ornaments or go totally the opp. and have it absolutely covered with rock. Roughly it takes them 1 year from fry to adult size where they start to grow slower.

just my 2cents.

You really really need to do your research on tropheus before buying them.. As far as africans go they are pretty hard to kill and also expensive I would hate for you to buy them all and have them die..

I would use coral sand/lime chips/argonite as substrate you should be able to get some down there from your petshop or check around on trademe best place to get it cheap is people who keep marines as they seem to have a stash of it..

Rocks you can use what you want to as long as its safe, limestone rocks will help with the buffering also, check a garden centre or landscape supplies for these.

Have you researched the water conditions food etc these guys prefer?