Leopardfish Setups and Tankmates?

Dixon1990

If you decide to let go of them, let me know :wink:

I used to have a tank of them but loaned them, and the tank, to a junior member who eventually killed them all as interest waned :cry:

I had mine in a small species only tank but they would co-exist with most fish of a similar size.

I've got a bathtub outside but need to shift them into the garage before it gets too cold. In a couple of months they've doubled the population and I only wish I'd had them out there the whole season!

I'm deliberating keeping them with WCMMs, any thoughts?

I've got a pond that started with 9 WCMM and 1 Leopard fish which in hind sight had obviously been a busy young lady. A year later there is now more of both than you can count, and they go well together. We find the leopard fish move more slowly near the surface and in the shallows, and the minnows school in the deeper areas. It's a nice contrast between the very visible slow moving leopard fish and the fast moving schools of minnows.

Even better, over summer a green and golden frog has moved in and now spends all day hanging out on the tiny camellia bush beside the pond. It doesn't mind the siamese cat which "owns" the garden, or the ongoing gardening, it's almost a member of the family!