L226

dimebag

hey all, just wondering if there is an easy way of sexing these? apart from spawning them of course. have two that ive had for a couple of years, and would like to try spawning them if i have a pair.

since i removed my bristlenose pair from the tank, they have become very active chasing each other round the tank.

they do look very similar, moreso than when i bought them

they were sold to me as a pair of L002. :roll:

Males are very 'hairy' with odontodes all over the body and much thinner than the females, who seem to look gravid all the time in my tanks.

Don't worry too much about what they were called when they were sold. I tried making a L002 purchase from the same importer after seeing the pics of the L226s and was told they died and was directed to a TradeMe auction with the price tripled. You're lucky you bought them when you did!

I spawned mine about 6 months ago and have a good group of F1s that I'm growing out to hopefully breed some day.

If you can post some pics I can attempt to sex them but pics of only one are needed if they look the exact same. Do both of them look smooth or hairy? Skinny or fat?