Killifish availability

Matthew

Planning on joining - looking forward to the NZKA number.

Wok has e-mailed me a reg form - I will e-mail this to Erling before too long.

Good to know a further survey will be taken - It seems from posts that there are a number of Killies that may or may not be available still in NZ - It would be good to know what we have.

Im trying at the moment to contact a lot from the past and see if/what they have as sometimes people drift away but still keep a spiece going.

Another breed looks like it may have gone but all we need is 1 male (as there are about 10 females around) and they will be up and going again.

With another breed, I know a guy put down some really old peat and got a trio from it so hopefully they will be on the go again.

Ive now changed 2 of my 2fter tanks for 4 1ft tanks so that I can keep another couple of rearer breeds.

I actually have 7 spare tanks and another 2 in a few weeks so hope to fill them with endangered breeds

When you look at it, 6 months ago, there was only one person that had clowns but now there is probably at least 6 people with them, we just need to keep them spreding and keep people joining so that we can keep an eye on who has what and make sure they dont get too low in numbers

I need another 50 tanks I think

May I suggest you consider a new garage - in between the deck and the aviaries I would imagine a nice 6m x 9m fishroom oops I mean garage would go well there.

And what do you mean another 50 tanks - You are starting to disappoint me with your standards slipping that low - or is it just a typo and you meant to say 500 8) 8)

May I suggest you consider a new garage - in between the deck and the aviaries I would imagine a nice 6m x 9m fishroom oops I mean garage would go well there.

Yea, just step out of the kitchen, across the deck and into the fishroom (er, garage) Im sure your other half wouldnt mind, as long as her avarys stay there :lol:

I need another 50 tanks I think

I was told by my darling wife that I wasn't allowed any more tanks until we buy a bigger house. Hence an offer goes in tomorrow to upgrade the house and soon afterwards, the tanks. (Will $545,000 count as the most expensive aquarium investment in New Zealand?)

After that, I will be starting on killies... probably :lol:

If you decide to start looking at Killis, Keep in touch and please make sure you join the club as Im sure that all the members will help out if they can

Just sent the form in and paid the cash over. Just awaiting the interminably slow banking system to actually move it anywhere other than out of my account and I will finally be a member of a club.

Now looking for small breeding tanks.... trademe here I come. Again.