White worms and Micro worms

mitzy

Hi all

not sure if this is right section but oh well

I am just wondering if the mirco worms and white worms need to have holes in lids , as i dont mind with the white worms but the mirco smell cause of the yeast and happen to attact fruit flys and are getting in my cultures.

So can they have the lid on with out holes or do they need the air.

I have had these cultures for agers and just starting getting the fruit flys and the micro is a pretty new one as i started a new one off and its doing great hundreds or worms.

I just hit the lid with a steak knife and it makes a crack not a hole and then nothing can get in or out of it..

And yeah I think they need to breath I have often thought they would have enough air in there to breath as they're only small but have always put a crack or 2 in there.

My microworms dont do well at all uncovered even though my lids have holes in them?

Random I know if I forgot to cover a culture thats going well and come back its the only one that hasn't produced but when covered it starts again..

Alan I hear your whiteworm cultures are pretty legondary, do you line your wooden boxes? And where do you keep them?